University of Gothenburg.
University of Gothenburg,
Department of Psychology,
SE 405 30 Gothenburg,
Brain disorders, neurotoxicity, ADHD, Affective syndromes, Physical exercise
- At 7 years, I was sent to St. Joseph's College (school), North Point, Darjeeling, and from 15-17 years I attended Wallington Grammar School, Wallington, Surrey, UK. During this time I was part-time stable lad, Epsom, Surrey(PaulSmythe).
- With -levels, I was offered a position at the Institute of Animal Physiology, Babraham, UK, and took my HND qualification at Cambridge Polytechnical College, Cambridge, UK (1971).
- Thereafter, I obtained an Honourâ€™s degree (Psychology and Physiology) at Newcastle-upon-Tyne University (1974), and a PhD, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden (1979).
- From 1978 (Aug) to 1988 (Dec), I was employed by Astra LÃ¤kemedel AB with the position of Head of CNS Drugs when I left to take up my appointment as Professor and Chair of Biological Psychology.
I have the position of Guest or Visiting Professor at:
- University of Hawaii at Manoa(1994),
- Ã–rebro University(1996-2006),
- Karlstad University (2000-2004),
- Kalmar University (2003-2013),
- Madrid University(1991-2009),
- Sapienza University,Rome(2013-)
- Received an Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award from St. Joseph's College, North Point (2010);
- Professorship and Membership Awards from the Polish Academy of Science Pharmacological Society (May, 2013);
- and the Sansone Award (April, 2014):
- School of Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Since 1st December 2016, senior professor at Gothenburg University, Sweden.