Dr Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine & drug Research,
ICCBS, University of Karachi.
Meritorious Professor (Neuroscience) PCMD,
ICCBS University of Karachi, Pakistan.
- Cuurently, I am interested in investigating compounds which may be co used with prescription psychstimulants such as apomorphine and methylphenidate
- Also my research centers on the Molecular and neural Basis of Stress, Depression, Anorexia, Addiction, Memory and search for receptors and signaling molecules involved in the potential use of psychostimulants for enhancing Memory function, treatment of Obesity and Narcolepsy.
- Dr Darakhshan Jabeen Haleem (PhD, D. Sc)
- Meritorious Professor (Neuroscience)
- PCMD, ICCBS University of Karachi
- Dr Darakhshan Jabeen Haleem, Meritorious Professor Neuroscience, Dr Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine & Drug Research, ICCBS was formerly Dean Faculty of Science and Chairperson Department of Biochemistry, University of Karachi.
- Actively engaged in both teaching and research for the last 35 years, Prof Haleem is author of more than 500 research publications. She has supervised 33 PhDs, M.Phils and more than 45 Masters Theses and has written Text books on Topics of neuroscience.
- Prof Darakhshan Haleem, organizer of ISBBP, life member of Pakistan Society of Biochemists, Pakistan Pharmacological Society and International Brain Research Organization is also Guest Editor & Reviewer of Neuroscience Journals published by Elsevier and Hindawi.
- Prof Haleem's research centers on the Molecular and neural Basis of Stress, Depression, Anorexia, Addiction, Memory and search for receptors and signaling molecules involved in the potential use of psychostimulants for enhancing Memory function, treatment of Obesity and Narcolepsy.
- Her research is funded by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan, Pakistan Science Foundation and Karachi University.
- She obtained Ph. D from British Post graduate Medical Federation, Institute of Neurology, London University; has been also granted honorary degree of D. Sc., Gold medal by Pakistan Academy of Sciences, Nishan-e-Zafar and Nishan-e-Azmat Danish, Ezaz-e- Fazeelat (a Presidential award of Pakistan) and “Life Time Achievement Award by International Star Women Foundation. PCST has identified Dr Haleem as a Productive and one of the Top Scientists of Pakistan.