Guidelines for choosing and accepting papers submitted to a journal must be kept up to date by the editor of that publication. We think that most of the recommendations made are already known to and accepted by seasoned academics and researchers. Yet, people who are relatively new to editing responsibilities may find them to be of excellent use.
Manuscript Evaluation Checklist
During evaluation please check for these qualifications for maintaining the quality of the manuscript.
- Should be readily understood, clear and concise, informative and related to the content.
- The hypothesis, or purpose, should be presented in the first paragraph, generally in the last sentence, and should be checked for clarity and conciseness along with addressing the problem. If necessary, the word restriction for abstracts may be altered.
- Methodology is to be clearly identified and described briefly.
- Results must be summarized; also data and statistics should be included where necessary.
- Conclusions and findings should be stated.
Introduction is to be checked for the following:
- Early introduction of the general problem
- Precisely stated questions that are to be answered
- Clear and concise hypothesis
- Reachability of the problem
- Preciseness of the hypothesis
- Identification of the assumption of the study
- Operational identification of pertinent terms
- Significance of the problem discussed
- Justification of the research
- Brief summary of relevant literature and its implications for the research problem under study.
- Relevance of the citation and its pertinence to the research problem including the time factor.
- Citations must provide rationale for research and should also be a primary source.
- Relationship of the problem to previous research should also be made clear.
Methods and Materials:
- The subject population should be described.
- If the subjects are humans or the sample was drawn from humans it is mandatory to obtain an informed consent or institutional review board approval. Please check for the necessary.
- If the subjects were animals, were appropriate standards of human care followed, with animal care review committee approval?
- The following statement must be contained if animals were utilized: All animals received care in compliance with the “Guide for the Care and use of Laboratory Animals” published by the National Institutes of Health (NIH Publication 85-23, revised 1985.)
- Justification of the sampling method.
- Method of data collection must permit sufficiently for the judgment of their appropriateness for the study presented.
- Appropriate design to study the hypothesis or questions.
- Inclusion of proper controls where appropriate.
- Variables should be mentioned unambiguously and identified.
- Replication of the design should be explicit enough to be replicated.
- Appropriateness of the statistical tests used. Appropriateness of the tests to the design. If you are unsure of the adequacy of statistical test selection please make note of it on the ‘Comments by Editor’ form and a statistical consult will be made.
Results must contain:
- Clear and precise and logically organized output.
- Sufficient information to answer the research question.
- Statistics reports with values. (where applicable)
- Statistics relevant to the research hypothesis.
- Complete, easily understandable tables and figures.
Data provided as a figure or a table. (A figure containing the same data shouldn't be included if the data is listed in the table, and vice versa. Consider asking the authors to publish the descriptive data in table form as an addition to the manuscript if there are considerable data.)
Discussion must contain:
- Clearly stated conclusions.
- Substantial evidence for the conclusion presented.
- Revisited hypothesis.
- Discussion of the implicated findings.
- Proper generalization of the research with respect to the population studied. (ex: results from laboratory study cannot be used for clinical practice)
- Description of possible sources of sampling bias or errors.
- Relevance and reliability of the previous research data presented.
- Valid data and its report of pertinence to the present study.
- Identification of problems and limitations of the study and their discussion.
- Suggestion of future research recommendation.
- An end paragraph of the discussion section. A summary paragraph can also be added before the conclusion paragraph if necessary.
- They must be organized and in the required style of the journal. Primary sources (journals) are more preferable than the secondary sources (text books) for the citations.
- As a general rule, manuscripts should contain significant reference to previously published work to support the discussion.
- Although no standard is set, it is generally accepted that the reference numbers meet the style of the paper. Please refer to the chart below for reference number. These are ‘general’ guidelines.
Tables and figures:
- Tables and Figures should represent the results in a clear and concise format. Good pictographically representation is expected. Use of the advanced technology and the available 2D and 3D formats can enhance the readability of the figures. But in no way the pictures should be manipulated just to match the results without relevance. Histograms and bar diagrams are also to be presented in an interesting manner. Even a video clip of limited size can also be included if it provides a stronger base.
Form and Style:
- Report must be clear.
- Report must be logically organized.
- Tone should be impartial, unbiased and scientific.
- Follow instructions for author format (else can be sent for revision unto the required format)
- Must contain key words.
Few important guidelines:
- The actions listed above are those that must be completed and are carefully taken into account when evaluating a document. Note down any errors or remarks relating to the page's line numbers and include both the error and the correction; in the case of comments, use a subheading.
- Please do not hesitate to give an impartial review. Number of revisions can be addressed until the desired quality is achieved.
- Please reject the manuscripts which do not fall under the scope of the journal without a review.
- In case of rejection please state the reason clearly and guide them for further action if required. (Ex: if the rejection is due to the improper language and good subject you can suggest them for language editing. If the rejection is due to the subject which is out of scope state it. Etc..,)
- Adhere to the quality of language. It must be understandable by the readers all over the world.
- An editor should give unbiased consideration to all manuscripts offered for publication, judging each on its merits without regard to race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the author(s).
- Manuscripts submitted for publication should be reviewed by editors as soon as possible and with the utmost care. The editor alone is in charge of deciding whether to accept or reject a manuscript. If a manuscript is deemed improper for the journal, it may be rejected without review.
- Editors and other editorial team members should only discuss manuscripts they are considering with individuals from whom they are seeking professional input. Following a decision, the editor may reveal the manuscript names and identities of the authors of works that have been approved for publication.
- An editor should respect the intellectual independence of authors.
- Each manuscript written by an editor and submitted to the editor's journal should be given to another qualified individual who will be in charge of editing it. A conflict of interest would exist if the author-editor gave the manuscript any kind of editorial treatment.
- Unpublished information, or interpretations disclosed in a submitted manuscript should not be used in an editor’s own research except with the consent of the author.
- When a manuscript is so intricately linked to an editor's research as to present a conflict of interest, the editor should make arrangements for another qualified individual to assume editorial responsibility for that submission.
- If an editor is presented with convincing evidence that the main substance or conclusions of a report published in an editor’s journal are erroneous, the editor should facilitate publication of an appropriate report or note pointing out the error and, if possible, correcting it.
- An author may request the editor not use certain reviewers in consideration of a manuscript.
- An Editor should ideally send a PDF rather than Microsoft Word or other electronic file to reviewers and request that comments not be made to the electronic copy of the manuscript.
These are the general and ethical guidelines you need to adhere to achieve the quality output of a research paper.
Journals By Subject
Agriculture and Aquaculture
Biological Sciences & Developmental Biology
- Bioinformatics And Diabetes     ISSN : 2374-9431
- Biosemiotic Research
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Science     ISSN : 2576-6694
- Fertility Biomarkers     ISSN : 2576-2818
- International Journal of Structural Biology
- Systems Biology
- Advances in Leukemia
- Brain And Spinal Cancer     ISSN : 2576-182X
- Breast Cancer Survival
- Cancer Genetics And Biomarkers     ISSN : 2572-3030
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon And Rectal Cancer     ISSN : 2471-7061
- Hematology and Oncology Research     ISSN : 2372-6601
- International Journal of Chemotherapy Research and Practice
- International Journal of Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer Epidemiology
- Neoplasms      ISSN : 2639-1716
- Skin Cancer Epidemiology
- Thyroid Cancer     ISSN : 2574-4496
- Developments in Mass Spectrometry
- International Journal of Amino Acids
- International Journal of Hydrocarbons
- International Journal of Lipids     ISSN : 2835-513X
- New Developments in Chemistry     ISSN : 2377-2549
- Oxygen Compounds
- Polymer Science Research
- Water     ISSN : 2769-2264
- Agronomy Research     ISSN : 2639-3166
- Energy Conservation     ISSN : 2642-3146
- International Journal of Limnology     ISSN : 2691-3208
- International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine     ISSN : 2690-0904
- Plant and Animal Ecology     ISSN : 2637-6075
- Weather Changes
- Advanced Cytology
- Advanced Research in Botany
- Advances in Plant Biology      ISSN : 2638-4469
- Antioxidant Activity     ISSN : 2471-2140
- Body Fluids
- Bone Marrow Biology
- Breastfeeding Biology     ISSN : 2644-0105
- Clinical Research In HIV AIDS And Prevention     ISSN : 2324-7339
- Current Scientific Research     ISSN : 2766-8681
- Current Viruses and Treatment Methodologies     ISSN : 2691-8862
- DNA And RNA Research     ISSN : 2575-7881
- Drug Resistant Pathogen Research
- Enzymes     ISSN : 2690-4829
- Evolutionary Science     ISSN : 2689-4602
- Evolving Stem Cell Research     ISSN : 2574-4372
- Fungal Diversity     ISSN : 2766-869X
- Genetic Engineering     ISSN : 2694-1198
- Human and Animal Intestines
- Immunology and Geriatrics
- In-vitro In-vivo In-silico Journal
- International Journal of Aquaculture Research and Development      ISSN : 2691-6622
- International Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism
- International Journal of Cell
- International Journal of Cytokine
- International Journal of Entomology     ISSN : 2768-5209
- International Journal of Heart Research
- International Marine Science Journal     ISSN : 2643-0282
- International Ornithology
- International Physiology Journal     ISSN : 2578-8590
- Mammal Research
- Osteoarthritis and Cartilage
- Parasite Research     ISSN : 2690-6759
- Plant Cell Development     ISSN : 2832-5311
- Skeletal Muscle     ISSN : 2832-4048
- Spleen And Liver Research     ISSN : 2578-2371
- Thrombosis and treatments
- Tissue Repair and Regeneration      ISSN : 2640-6403
- Zoological Research     ISSN : 2694-2275
- Advanced Forensic Sciences     ISSN : 2692-5915
- Advanced Rheumatology Science
- Advanced Therapeutic Science
- Aging Research And Healthcare     ISSN : 2474-7785
- Air and Water Borne Diseases
- Alternative Medicine and Mind Body Practices
- Alzheimer's Research and Therapy
- Arthritis Research and Therapy
- Blood Pressure
- Clinical and Diagnostic Pathology     ISSN : 2689-5773
- Current Chronic Diseases
- Dentistry And Oral Implants     ISSN : 2473-1005
- Dermatologic Research And Therapy     ISSN : 2471-2175
- Digestive Disorders And Diagnosis     ISSN : 2574-4526
- Endocrinology And Hormones
- Etiological Diagnosis
- Family Medicine     ISSN : 2640-690X
- Fetal Surgery
- Food Science and Hygiene     ISSN : 2835-2165
- Hereditary Diseases
- Human Health Research     ISSN : 2576-9383
- Hypertension and Cardiology     ISSN : 2329-9487
- Immunization     ISSN : 2577-137X
- Implementation science
- Intensive Care and Emergency Services
- International Epilepsy Journal
- International Journal of Allergy
- International Journal of Anesthesia
- International Journal of Antibiotic Research
- International Journal of Blood Transfusion
- International Journal of Clinical Microbiology     ISSN : 2690-4721
- International Journal of Complementary Medicine
- International Journal of Eating and Weight Disorders
- International Journal of General Practice     ISSN : 2692-5257
- International Journal of Glaucoma
- International Journal of Global Health     ISSN : 2693-1176
- International Journal of Health Statistics
- International Journal of Human Anatomy     ISSN : 2577-2279
- International Journal of Infection Prevention      ISSN : 2690-4837
- International Journal of Inflammation Research
- International Journal of Medical Practitioners
- International Journal of Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- International Journal of Negative Results     ISSN : 2641-9181
- International Journal of Neonatology
- International Journal of Neuroimaging
- International Journal of Neuroinformatics
- International Journal of Nutrition     ISSN : 2379-7835
- International Journal of Pain Management     ISSN : 2688-5328
- International Journal of Personalized Medicine
- International Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- International Journal of Steroids
- International Journal of Surgical Techniques
- International Journal of Thorax
- International Journal of Translational Research
- International Journal of Vasculitis
- Keyhole Surgery Proceedings
- Medical and Psychological Trauma     ISSN : 2766-6204
- Medical and Surgical Urology
- Medical Informatics and Decision Making     ISSN : 2641-5526
- Migraine Management
- Nephrology Advances     ISSN : 2574-4488
- Nervous System and Physiological Phenomena
- Neurological Research And Therapy     ISSN : 2470-5020
- Obesity Management     ISSN : 2574-450X
- Ophthalmic Science     ISSN : 2470-0436
- Organ Transplantation     ISSN : 2576-9359
- Otolaryngology Advances     ISSN : 2379-8572
- Palliative Care And Hospice
- Patient Care and Services
- Pediatric Health And Nutrition     ISSN : 2691-5014
- Preventive Medicine And Care     ISSN : 2474-3585
- Radiation and Nuclear Medicine     ISSN : 2766-8630
- Respiratory Diseases     ISSN : 2642-9241
- Spine and Neuroscience     ISSN : 2694-1201
- Sports and Exercise Medicine     ISSN : 2694-2283
- Tropical Diseases and Medicine
- Veterinary Healthcare     ISSN : 2575-1212
- Women's Reproductive Health     ISSN : 2381-862X
- Addiction Disorder and Rehabilitation
- ADHD And Care
- Behavior Therapy And Mental Health     ISSN : 2474-9273
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry     ISSN : 2643-6655
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Depression And Therapy     ISSN : 2476-1710
- Human Psychology     ISSN : 2644-1101
- International Journal of Ethology
- International Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Research     ISSN : 2574-612X
- Psychological Disorders
- Psychophysiology Practice and Research
- Schizophrenia Disorders And Therapy
- Sleep And Sleep Disorder Research     ISSN : 2574-4518
- Verbal Behavior
- Woman's Mental Health